Friday, February 8, 2008

Why a Roadfood Blog?

If Jane and Michael Stern have road food covered so well, why write a blog about it?

Good question.

The number one reason is pretty simple -- I'm tired of living my life half-awake. I'm tired of spending the best part of my day at a miserable job I hate. I'm tired of all the "couldas, shouldas and oughtas" in my life.

It's time to get out and do all the things I want to do.

But, having lived for 43 years half-asleep, it's not going to be easy to change.

So I need some guides.

One of my favorite things in life, even when I was sleep-walking, is food. I love all kinds of good food. And road food is some of the best.

I first discovered Michael and Jane on the Splendid Table Radio Show (there will be plenty more about this wonderful show in upcoming posts). From there I bought the Roadfood books and discovered the website. Their picks have never yet let me down.

Okay, fine, but why the Blog?

Because writing and (hopefully) interacting with others will keep the Old Life from retaking me. Already I feel the pull of the couch (my new term for sitting at home and doing nothing). I need to beat the couch and I think this Blog will help me do that.

Please join me in my new life and let's eat some good road food.

Mark


No comments: